The Ballistic, designed for class 1 off road racing here in Western Australia it is the largest buggy project The Edge Products have taken on to date.
Constructed from the ground up for off road enthusiast Steve Alford the Ballistic features allot of new innovative concepts not yet seen in off road racing. The Ballistic has been designed in house on a 3D Solidworks CAD station by The Edge Products owner Tony Sanger & features components
& concepts such as :
- Progressive rising rate bellcrank suspension
- Fore / Aft seating layout
- Subaru WRX Turbo injected motor
- Automatic 4 speed Transaxle
- 19" Twin Tire Wheels
- Double "A" arm suspension on all corners
- Collapsible nose cone
- 900kg dry weight
- Spaceframe Chassis in CDS tubing
- Removable tail section
- 78" Track
- Suspension travel front = 600mm ( 23" )
- Suspension travel rear = 500mm ( 19" )
Not only was the Ballistic be an interesting off road contender but The Edge Products used it as a testbed to evaluate new ideas & concepts which were used on smaller buggy designs.
NOTE : Please do not ask for plans to the Ballistic as they will not be available.